Stamford 375 Student Video Contest
Help us celebrate 375 years of Stamford history! If you are a student currently enrolled in a public or private high school in Stamford, CT you are eligible to enter by producing a short video and submitting via the webform below. If your submission is chosen, you could win a $100 prize and have your video featured at various citywide Stamford 375 celebrations throughout the year.
Whether it’s a short-form documentary featuring a historical moment or individual from Stamford’s 375 year history or a PSA to raise awareness of Stamford’s 375th birthday, we want you to flex your creativity and celebrate Stamford 375!
Submission Deadline: July 1st, 2016
How To Submit:
STEP 1: Read all contest rules, guidelines and legal stuff below.
STEP 2: CREATE YOUR VIDEO!
STEP 3: Upload your video to YouTube
• Visit YouTube.com to sign in and upload your video.
• Create a unique title for your video, beginning with “Stamford375_VideoContest2016_”, and NOT including names of participants or schools. (For example, “Stamford375_VideoContest2016_HoytHouse or Stamford375_VideoContest2016_JackieRobinson).
• During the video uploading process, select “Unlisted” under “Privacy Settings.” Videos submitted without the proper privacy settings will be disqualified.
STEP 4: Download and sign Parental Consent & Image Release form here: Parental Consent Form (pdf)
• Every participant, either as part of the creative team, or as actor in the video, must be included on the participant release form and have it signed by a parent or guardian if the participant is under 18.
STEP 5: Fill out all of the fields in the webform below!
• Although groups may submit entries, one student must be listed as primary contact, and is responsible for completing and submitting the contest entry form.
• Copy and paste a link to your “unlisted” YouTube video in the appropriate field of the webform. Double check to make sure the link is correct!
• Scan your completed Parental Consent & Image Release form and submit as an attachment to your entry via the webform. (Incomplete entry forms will disqualify entries.)
• REMINDER: All members of the creative team must be high school students. The Contest Administrator reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any contestant.
Any questions should be emailed to email@example.com
• No purchase necessary to enter.
• Entrants must be between 13 years of age and 19 years of age.
• Entrants must be currently enrolled in a public or private high school in Stamford, CT or home-schooled and reside in Stamford, CT.
• Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes in length.
• Submissions can be live action or animation. Any form that might work in a TV commercial or Buzzfeed video would be considered eligible (song, straight-forward information, cartoon, dramatic portrayal, voice-over – BE CREATIVE!)
• If statistics are included, they must include references – either in the script of the submission itself, or as a note added to the entry form. For example, “According to the Voter Participation Center, 51 percent of young adults between 18 and 29 are not registered to vote.”
• Any music used MUST be in the Public Domain, licensed under the Creative Commons License, or be an original musical work created by the student.
• Any images used (signs, posters, photos) must be in the Public Domain, licensed under the Creative Commons License or be an original graphic design created by the student. (Resources for Public Domain or Creative Commons Images: Wikimedia Commons, Creative Commons US, Wellcome Images, Library of Congress, The Best Copyright-Free Photo Libraries, NOAA Ocean Images Audio: FreeSound, Archive.org – Audio Archive, Creative Commons, Stock Footage: Archive.org)
• The submission must be original student work.
Videos Must NOT:
• have been entered in other contests or won other awards.
• support, demean, or defame any organization or person.
• Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production, including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
• contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
• include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.
• contain material that is indecent, obscene, pornographic, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, objectionable, or otherwise lacking in taste or quality in the views of the judges.
• contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual.
• contain any material that is unlawful.
• All entries become the property of Stamford 375 and may be used in whole or in part at its discretion. Videos will not be returned.
• By entering the contest, entrants and their legal guardians convey a universal, irrevocable, and exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, and/or broadcast the videos, or images within, without payment or further consent.
• Any music or images used must be in the Public Domain, licensed under the Creative Commons License or be original musical work created by the student. Documentation of Creative Commons License or statement must be submitted with entry materials.
• By submitting the video, the entrant and the entrant’s team represent and warrant that: 1) all submitted material, including but not limited to the video and everything depicted in the video, is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm, or entity; 2) he/she has all rights, licenses, permissions, and consents necessary to submit the video in the contest in accordance with these terms and conditions; and 3) no person/entity other than the entrant and his or her team has any right, title, interest, or arrangement to the video, including but not limited to, music publishing agreement, recording agreement, production agreement, or any similar agreement.
• By entering the contest, the entrant agrees that Stamford 375 and its designees may post his/her video, or any part thereof, on its website or other websites and submit it for television and/or other broadcast.
• The entrant agrees that Stamford 375 has the right to modify, edit, and/or adapt the video as necessary as well as to reproduce it, and/or distribute it in whole or in part, without compensation or further notice to the entrant.
• If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Administrator which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Contest Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Contest and, in the event of any termination or cancellation, select winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the termination or cancellation.
• The contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.